FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 28, 2011
Contact: Nicholas R. Bandoch – Communications Manager
Milwaukee, Wis. – Continuing its commitment to community service and its ongoing partnership with Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, tomorrow Sendik’s Food Markets will donate 58,000 pounds of food and more than $44,000 to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin. Two semi-trailers will arrive with the products at Feeding America, 1700 West Fond Du Lac Avenue, at 10:30 a.m.
A new, unique aspect to the promotion this year was the “Do the Cluck, Fill the Truck” event on Saturday, October 15, 2011. For every customer that signed up for the Sendik’s Fan Club and did the Chicken Dance, Sendik’s donated five meals to Feeding America. A $1 donation also provided the same five-meal donation.
With the help of generous customers, the Balistreri-owned-and-operated grocery stores also gathered donations from August through October with a variety of in-store activities:
- Sendik’s Real Food Magazine: 100% of proceeds from sale benefited Feeding America
- Backpack Buddies: Proceeds from Backpack Buddies provided a backpack filled with school supplies for needy children in the Milwaukee area.
- Mac & Cheese Promotion: For every box of Shurfresh macaroni and cheese sold, Sendik’s donated one box to Feeding America.
- Sendik’s Food Drive: Customers purchased a $10, $20 or $50 bag of groceries to help feed hungry families.
- Keep the Change for Feeding America: Customers had the opportunity to round up their receipt total to the nearest dollar for Feeding America.
“We are so happy to be able to make this donation,” said Nick Balistreri, who owns Sendik’s, along with brothers Ted and Patrick, and sister, Margaret Harris. “Our customers and associates have been so generous throughout the promotion and Feeding America has been a great partner. It feels great to be able to come together to help our community, especially when so many families are in need.”
* * * *
About Sendik’s Food Markets: Since 1926, the Balistreri family has been serving the greater Milwaukee community by combining quality food products with exceptional customer service. Their goal is to provide you with the best grocery shopping experience, period. Currently, Sendik’s Food Markets operates 10 stores throughout Southeastern Wisconsin: Whitefish Bay, Wauwatosa, Mequon, Grafton, Elm Grove, Franklin, Greenfield, Germantown, New Berlin, and West Bend.
Connect with Sendik's